White Chocolate & Raspberry Melting Cake
200g unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into cubes
100g white chocolate, broken into pieces
4 large free-range eggs
200g caster sugar
200b self-raising flour
175g fresh raspberries
Icing sugar for dusting
For the ganache filling
200g white chocolate
250ml double cream
- Preheat the oven to 180oc/Gas 4
- Grease and line 2x20cm/8-inch round loose-bottomed cake tins.
- Put the butter and chocolate in a large heatproof mixing bowl above a pan of simmering water, and allow the butter and chocolate to melt together, stir occasionally. Remove from the heat and cool for a minute or two.
- Add eggs and sugar to the cooled butter chocolate mix and beat with an electric mixer until formed a smooth batter. Fold in sifted flour and raspberries.
- Pour into prepared cake tins. Try to divide mixture equally.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until golden or a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- To make the ganache, put the chocolate into a heatproof bowl with 100ml of cream. Set over a pan of simmering water and stir until the chocolate has melted into the cream and the resulting ganache is smooth and glossy. Cool to room temperature and the beat in the rest of the cream.
- Smooth the ganache over the top of one of the cakes and then sandwich the other cake on top and dust with icing sugar.